Friday, March 22, 2013

Bowling Green, KY Resident Wins a Corvette

Jason Mills takes delivery of a 2013 60th Anniversary 427 Convertible Corvette

March 21, 2013 was Jason Mills’ lucky day. At 2:00pm his raffle ticket #82 was drawn at the National Corvette Museum making him the winner of a 2013 60th Anniversary 427 Convertible Corvette. As a resident of Bowling Green he didn’t waste any time coming to the Museum to see his new car and getting the paperwork started to take it home. Proving that maybe good luck could be contagious, he’s got a special friend to thank… fellow Bowling Green resident and recent Museum Raffle Car Winner, Barry Cummings.

“When I heard that Barry had won a Corvette several months ago, I thought that maybe I could win, too. I called him on the morning that I bought my ticket to ask him how he did it. Barry told me that he got his tickets online and got them early when the numbers were low. I bought one $250 ticket, one $500 ticket and several $10 tickets. It worked! I’ve already had 50 people text me now that I’ve won, and you can bet that they are already planning to buy their tickets now!”

Jason had actually forgotten about the raffle by the time the big day arrived, so when he got the call from Christy Thomas at the Corvette Museum, he was caught totally by surprise. “I was speechless, which is a rare thing for me. It was exciting. Really exciting.”

This is Jason’s first Corvette and he says he’s keeping it. “I’ve already got two offers to buy it,” he says, “but it’s a keeper. I’m building a house right now, and so tonight I’ll have to call the contractor about adding a garage.”

Jason participated in the Museum’s R8C Delivery Program on Friday, March 22 – a program where new Corvette owners receive VIP treatment as they pickup their car from the Museum.

As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit foundation, the National Corvette Museum holds a number of Corvette and other raffles throughout the year featuring various models, ticket prices and odds. Tickets can be purchased at the Museum, by phone at 270-781-7973 or 800-538-3883, online at www.corvettemuseum.org/raffle and even on the road at a number of Corvette and car shows across the country.